The Slaying of The Mythical Pegasus

     This pandemic is really wreaking havoc on the economy. Businesses left and right are closing down. The latest to fall by the wayside is the club and KTV industry. Pegasus, Air Force One and other known men’s clubs are reportedly shutting down. I don’t go to any of these establishments (when I was younger, yes, but not to these high-end clubs) but Pegasus has a soft spot in my heart. Lol. Who doesn’t love Pegasus, especially when he helped Perseus kill Medusa and the Kraken? Okay, I was digressing. You see, I had a friend who used to live near Pegasus (the club at Quezon Avenue, not the winged, mythical horse although the club has also reached mythical status), and this friend of mine and I (together with other friends) would be collaborating on a project every now and then up to the time of his (untimely) death more than a decade ago. Incidentally, there’s another high-end adult (affiliated) establishment beside Pegasus, a health club or a massage parlor called Sylvanus.

     Every time I’d go to my friend’s house, I’d tell the PUV driver I was in that my stop would be Pegasus. And it would occasionally get a smile from the driver or my fellow passengers. Some drivers would even tell me that it’s still too early (to go to Pegasus or Sylvanus). Most of the time, I’d go to my friend’s house before lunchtime.

     There were times that when I reached Pegasus (and Sylvanus), some of its pretty female workers (okay, GRO and massage parlor attendants) would be coming out of the establishments to (presumably) go home. They’d be conversing and laughing, majority of them wearing skimpy attires like short shorts and tank tops—not that I’d ogle them, but, of course, you couldn’t help but glance at them— while I walked past them.

     And we (me and another friend) would usually go out of my friend’s house past midnight, the time when activities at the twin establishments (Pegasus and Sylvanus) were at its peak. Luxury cars would be seen hogging the parking area in front. Rumors abounded then that many of the customers of the twin expensive establishments were politicians and actors. Okay, I didn’t think those were just rumors.  We’d always joke of entering the Pegasus and then Sylvanus to unwind, then, we’d end up at some small store or restaurant drinking beer.

     Maybe, if we were congressmen, then, we could have ridden Pegasus and slay some Medusas and Krakens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...