A Message From A Tea Bag

     A week ago, I bought of a box of tea bags (Yogi Green Tea Kombucha) and I was already on my fourth bag when I noticed that there was message in the label of each tea bag. And last night, on my eight tea bag, the message I got was “Happiness is an accomplishment,” and I thought, yeah, especially in times like these when death, sickness and despair have become part of almost everyone’s life because of the pandemic. Being happy these days will be quite an achievement already.

     How to accomplish happiness these days? You can’t do that by listening to Leonard Cohen songs all day. Lol. Or repeatedly watching Melancholia or Million Dollar Baby or other movies that were made to depress you. Search articles on the Internet about how you can find happiness and they will tell you some profound stuff like “letting go of your anger” or “knowing your worth.”  I don’t know but the fragrance of this kombucha tea is making me happy, never smelled a more fragrant tea, and I’ve drunk lots of tea. And hearing tales about just the daily activities of my young niece and nephew, aged ten and four respectively, both precocious, while still in a lockdown is also a sure way to perk me up. You can also go to YouTube and watch happiness-inducing videos,  like cats and dogs videos. I don’t know, but watching a video of a woman talk enthusiastically and incessantly about a book made me sort of a little happy, though I didn’t get most of what she was saying as I was distracted by her pretty face and her hand gestures, and the little that I ingested from all that she said all melted away when she said at the end of the video that she was actually sweating a lot, which I found sexy. Lol.

     And yes, the fact that my loved ones continue to be healthy will always be a source of happiness for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...