An Alcoholic Mad Scientist Named Rick Sanchez

“Weddings are basically funerals with cake.”

                                                  --Rick Sanchez

 

     As I went biking around our masked neighborhood this morning, I thought of going a bit farther and see and visit my sister whom I hadn’t seen personally since the lockdown. I had started pedaling towards her office (which is just a few kilometers away) when I realized that I was wearing just a boxers (and a T-shirt and I didn’t have my wallet and cell phone with me; and I also remembered that their office has strict quarantine rules) so I just went home instead and watched a few episodes of Rick And Morty. And I’m starting now to believe that this animated series is the greatest TV show on earth. Lol. My twenty-two-year old niece (no doubt the smartest person in our house) had been urging me to watch it, and last week, I obliged, and she was right, it’s side-splittingly terrific, though its humor was mostly dark.  Rick And Morty (currently 9.2 at IMDB and 94% at Rotten Tomatoes), is an adult cartoon about an alcoholic but uber-genius mad scientist named Rick Sanchez and his virtuous 14- year old grandson Morty Smith and their mind-boggling and hilarious space (mis)adventures.

     Science fiction has never been this funny.

     Wubba lubba dub dub!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...