Dreaming of Friends, Acquaintances and Some French Toasts

 


     This morning, a lady-writer friend of mine, (a popular Tagalog romance novelist), sent me a PM through Facebook Messenger, asking me if I was okay because she had dreamt of me twice these past few days. I told her I was fine, and it was good to hear that she was doing okay, too, and that I was looking forward to dreaming of her, too. Lol. Coincidentally, I also had been dreaming of some Facebook friends/acquaintances these days including her, friends and acquaintances (and even relatives) whom I haven’t seen since the pandemic started.

     In fact, last night (some details are still fresh in my mind) I dreamt of myself standing outside an apartment building (a real building just a few meters away from our house, one that is occupied by mostly Chinese) while holding some documents, which, I thought in my dream, lacked some pertinent parts. As I was waiting for I didn’t know what, a group of elderly Chinese people came out of the building and stood near me, they were quiet and polite.  Then, a van stopped in front of us and I went inside and saw Caucasians inside who were all talking loudly. When I alighted, I saw that I was in the middle of two rows of residential houses, and found myself looking for a female Facebook friend (someone who I haven’t met personally; she only sent me a friend request because we have some common Facebook friends). I saw her, and in the dream we talked (I had forgotten the gist of our conversation but the documents in my hand were gone).

     It was a nonsensical dream, but then, most of dreams are, especially in these stress-filled and virus-filled days. I woke up from it, had some coffee and French toasts and saw in the news that our  president had suffered a freak accident: he fell into a giant shredder and died in the most cruel and painful way.

     But then, I woke up again—it turned out I still was dreaming. And I thought the country was up for some celebration, er, I mean, mourning.

     Pity, I was still savoring the French toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...