Play Bites, Dangerous Bites

 


     A few days ago, my eye was caught by a photo of a cute puppy (I didn’t know what breed) in Stories of my Facebook friends. I opened it to look at it up-close before I realized who the owner of the said photo/Facebook Story was: a former co-writer. The last time me and this co-writer talked was probably around five years ago. She sent me a private message and started telling me about the (children’s) books she and her friends were going to publish. But we’d react to each other’s posts every now and then. I remember vacillating then, while we were exchanging PMs, on whether to ask her about the nasty incident that involved her and a colleague of ours, former friend to both of us. This male colleague of ours tried to harass her sexually. Why, I had no clue. She was decent. Probably, because she would laugh at our green jokes, he thought she was fair game.

     The side of the incident I know was from our guilty colleague himself, the player-wannabe, and from other friends who were working with them at that time. What I know about the incident was probably accurate and was quite extensive, but still, I’d like to hear from her what happened. Did it traumatize her or did it strengthen her confidence on her sex appeal? Lol.

     But I didn’t have the guts to ask her about it, many years had passed since the incident, and it’d probably be awkward to still talk about it.

     When I looked at the puppy's photo again, I realized that  I had inadvertently opened almost all the Stories of my FB friends. I got out of messenger. Wait! a female FB friend was wearing a bikini, no, I still got out, and thought about the cute puppy again, which I presumed she owned. It’s probably having a field day mouthing her every day, but at least, they’re just play bites, tiny bites that show the puppy’s affection, unlike the lascivious bite that the man tried to inflict on her.

     It was a bite that could infect and make you mad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...