Nokia 3210 And An Occasionaly-Boring Affliction

 


      Somebody reminisced and posted a photo on his Facebook account this morning showing different colors of Nokia 5110. I remember that in our family, it was my youngest sister who was the first to own a cell phone, a dark blue 5110. And I remember borrowing it and bringing it with me even though I didn’t know anyone who owned a cell phone (the only use of it being with me was that my family could contact me through the landline).

     Anyway, after that, after I was convinced that a cell phone would really be useful and necessary, I bought my first one: a gray Nokia 3210, a cell phone—which I think came out in 1999—so tough you could use it as an alternative to a hammer. I really am not someone who‘d go out of his way to make friends so the only contacts I had then was my family and really very few friends. I remember my cell phone being silent for weeks because no one was contacting me. It would only come out alive the moment I played Snake, one of the three primitive games installed on the phone. Or when some unknown number would ask me to be their text mate, or sex text mate, as some would boldly offer. Never engaged them, though. The phone really had no features except calls and text messaging. It didn’t even have a Sent feature so you couldn’t keep track of the messages you had sent.

     Fast forward to 2021, currently, I own a mid-range smartphone, not really high-end, but still, it is a million times better than Nokia 3210 as it is packed with many hi-tech features, my favorite of which is the one that allows you to store notes, okay, that really isn’t hi-tech. You could also load it with so many nice games, including hi-tech versions of Snake. Downside is it will break from a two-feet fall, Nokia 3210 won't break even from a two-hundred feet plunge.

    The only thing that didn’t change when it comes to me owning a cell phone is that there are still times that my phone would stay silent for weeks, not receiving any text or calls, except from my family.

    Sometimes, introversion is such a boring affliction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...