Mixed Nuts


 

     I love nuts, the fruit types; the people types, not so much. Every time I’d buy groceries, there’d always be some types of nuts in my bags, and lately, I’ve been biased towards mixed nuts (I prefer those with berries). Sometimes, I’d order them online. And it’s quite pretty good to be a little obsessed with them because they’re good for your health (especially for your heart and your brain).

     People who are nuts, I don’t order them, but every now and then, they would come into my life. And they are mixed, too. Men, women, old, young. Most of them don’t recover as brain is such a fragile thing. You break it and most of the time, it will remain broken. Heart can recover, a new love is all it needs, but a brain will always find it difficult to mend.

     So I was quite stunned then when someone I knew recovered after being confined in a mental institution for months. He got well, got out and started functioning normally and getting creative again, until we lost communications.

     I don’t know what is actually happening to him these days,  but lately, I am sensing that he’s having a relapse. I could be wrong, though, but I knew this guy for many years, so I could also be right. A nasty incident with a woman cost him the trip to a psychiatric ward. I don’t know what’s causing his relapse now, if indeed he’s having a relapse.

     But like I said,  the brain is fragile and delicate, figuratively and literally, once you break it, you can fix it, yes, but cracks will always be there, always threatening to burst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...