A Hitman From Webtoon

 

      I recently discovered WEBTOON, a website from South Korea where you can read digital manhwa (Korean term for comics) made from all over the world.  I’ve bookmarked quite a few (terrific) stories, and just a few days after I learned about WEBTOON, I saw this 2020 Korean film, an action/comedy, on Netflix entitled Hitman (original English title is Hitman : Agent Jun).

     The movie’s plot: Jun is the country’s top secret agent whose ardent dream is to be a famous webtoon artist. Finally, he fakes his death so he can fulfill his dream. But since he’s really not that talented, he fails to achieve his goal of being a famous artist—until he starts creating comics based on his life as a secret agent, which soon turns his life upside down.

     Movie’s 3 stars out of five. It’s a little corny at times but nevertheless entertaining, funniest bit is when Jun’s drunk wife ‘reveals’ her deadly fighting skills.

     I’ve been in love with comics for a long time. In fact, the first stories I wrote are comics. The first ever story I wrote was entitled “Brain Damage” (inspired by a Pink Floyd song with the same title) about a man who hallucinates that aliens from outer space are out to get him. I also tried to be an illustrator but I wasn’t really good at it so I concentrated on just writing stories.

     And if you love comics, too, you should be heading to WEBTOON now.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...