All She Wants For Christmas Is... Sleep Paralysis


 

     Somebody on Facebook asked about sleep paralysis and one commented that she hadn’t experienced one but would love to because she loved horror stories/movies. I‘ve experienced sleep paralysis a lot and I don’t know if I could recommend it to someone. Sleep paralysis occurs, according to doctors, when you severely lack sleep, or you suffer from PTSD, or anxiety or panic disorder. In my case, I often lack sleep. Sleep paralysis happens when your body is in sleep mode but your brain is active.

     When I first experienced it, I didn’t even know it’s called sleep paralysis, it was just another nightmare to me. I felt awake that time (yes, you are awake during a sleep paralysis, that’s why you’re surrounding is real), my eyes open, I was inside my room, on my bed, but there were these demonic creatures around me, going in and out of my room, talking to me, taunting me, and there were some dead relatives, too, standing at the door, looking at me, and I could hear whispers, too.

     “You’re going to die! You’re going to die!”

     “I will kill you! I will kill you!”

     Scary, indeed, and what’s scarier is you can’t move or speak.

     My sleep paralysis would almost always end with a demon appearing and sitting on top of me, and I would have difficulty breathing—and then, I would fall asleep again, and wake up feeling tired. So why do demons and monsters appear when you’re experiencing sleep paralysis? Researchers said that you immediately get scared at the onset of a sleep paralysis (imagine being awake but unable to move or speak), so you’re brain, which is already dysfunctional at that time, begins to create scary images.

     Sleep paralysis, researchers say, wouldn’t kill you, as you’re just hallucinating in your half-asleep-half-awake state while it happens, but I still don’t think I could recommend it to anyone. Lol. Sleep orgasm, or one more popularly known as wet dream, now, that’s a different story.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...