Death on Halloween

 

Parang 'sang kandila na nagdadala
Ng ilaw at liwanag
Nauubos rin sa magdamag…

 

     APO Hiking Society’s Danny Javier died due to a lingering illness last Halloween, 31st of October, a Monday. He was 75 years old. I mostly listen to hard rock music (I am a hardcore Pink Floyd fan and I like lots of heavy metal bands (Metallica, Faith No More, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, etc) but I like APO Hiking Society and many of their songs, I listen to them whenever I want to relax, so I was dismayed then when Jim Paredes (another APO) almost single-handedly destroyed their legacy when he was recorded jerking off in a video call. The sordid video went viral. Almost every one jerks off, yes, but not in a video call. Okay, a lot of people jerk off in a video call, but they don’t get caught. Lol.

     Anyway, it seems that Jim failed to really ruin APO’s musical legacy as lots of people paid Danny their respects and showed their gratitude to their music.

    Trivia, APO is short for Apolinario Mabini, the brain of the revolution, yes, and is always written all caps.

     Rest in Peace, Mr. Javier.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...